Events, Short Courses, Support Groups
Winter 2019 / Spring 2020
A BRIDGE APART: SCREENING AND DISCUSSION
Sunday, September 15
FAMILY FAITH NIGHT
Saturday, September 28, 2019
2 HOURS WITH ISAIAH
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Spend a bit of time with this most beloved of prophets, most often quoted by Jesus himself. Find out why.
FAIR TRADE FAIR
November 30 and December 1, 2019
December 1, 2019
A great way to begin Advent!
- Make an Advent wreath for you household.
- Have a light lunch and shop the Fair Trade Fair.
- Dedicated time for adults to reflect, children to craft, and little ones to play.
- Free childcare provided.
- Sign up in November.
PENNY BOOK SALE
Sunday, March 1, 2020
Books, books, everywhere! A chance to pick up some good reads and bolster your faith -- spiritual reading, scripture, reflection, practical faith, even fiction -- and help us make space in our library at the same time! Donuts and coffee too.
Sunday April 19, 2020
Enjoy music, food, childrens activities, critters and so much more -- the SPCA, Department of Natural Resources, bonsai, master gardeners, bee keepers.... And discover new ways to care for all of God's creation.
"There can be no renewal of our relationship with nature without a renewal of humanity itself." - Pope Francis, Laudato Si
Small Faith-Sharing Groups
Beginning week of February 24, 2020
- Join a small group of friends and neighbors one and a half hours a week to:
- Reflect on Sunday Scripture readings
- Share and Strengthen your faith
- Discover connections
- Friday evenings in the Parish Center or in the community during the week.
- Material: "Live Lent!" from Renew International. Includes reflections for every day prayer.
"It was wonderful to meet new friends I could talk about my faith with! We all enjoyed it so much. In fact, we plan to continue meeting at least twice a month."
SIX DATES FOR CATHOLIC COUPLES: The Virtues
Beginning September 2019
Six Saturday nights designed to help strengthen your marriage, childcare included. About one evening a month, come to the parish center to drop off the children, watch a short video, and have plenty of time for you and your spouse to go to dinner and reflect on your marriage.
The topics: the four Cardinal Virtues: prudence, justice, courage and temperance. Like four hinges that open the door to success in life, these virtues help us grow and mature as persons.
"Moderation and prudence, justice and fortitude, and nothing in life is more useful than these." (Wisdom 8:5-7)
CLICK ON IMAGE to watch trailer.
ANANIAS TRAINING - How You Can Journey with Others on the Path of Discipleship
Five Tuesdays beginning October 1
- Listen to another's story;
- Discern where you - and others - are on the faith journey;
- Share the story of your own faith journey (and as you share, come to know Jesus Christ more deeply);
- Tell the Great Story of Jesus Christ.
Contact Stephany Crane at email@example.com
FINDING OUR WAY
1st and 3rd Wednesday Afternoons
Find ongoing fellowship for the long-term everyday challenges of bereavement.
Contact: Stephany Crane, firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL GRIEF GROUP
September through November 2019
Cost for the book, $25. (But no one will be turned away for inability to pay.)
SERVICE OF PRAYER AND REMEMBRANCE
Sunday, November 3, 2019
SPRING DAYTIME GRIEF SUPPORT
March and April 2020