A Ranger Rosary is a rugged hand-made rosary made from virtually indestructible parachute chord and minimally-reflective beads designed to be taken into the field as an aid to prayer to support the spiritual lives of men and women of the United States armed forces. The rosaries are made by volunteers in a network of 30 parishes and shipped with prayer cards free of charge to Catholic and Protestant chaplains around the world (over 900,000 to date), especially those deployed in combat zones, and those at stateside training bases, the Navy fleet, military academies, and military hospitals. Learn more about the history, mission, chaplain feedback, and see field photos at the Ranger Rosary website.
What is a Ranger Rosary?
Goals of St. Andrew by the Bay Ranger Rosary Ministry.
Goals of St. Andrew by the Bay Ranger Rosary Ministry. Our goals are to spread the message of Mary's powerful loving intercession, generate interest in the rosary, and continue to supply our armed forces with rosaries to keep up with the demand from chaplains. We hold a monthly Workshop for fellowship and to teach people how to make rosaries (children of all ages are welcome), provide material kits to make rosaries at home if desired, and support a "friends of Ranger Rosaries" email network. For further information, contact Mary Lutzio.
To financially support Ranger Rosaries, contact Mary Lutzio.
We hope you will find the following information links helpful and encouraging:
1. "A short History of Ranger Rosaries" by Frank "Bo" Ristaino
2. Ranger Rosary website
3. How to make a Ranger Rosary - official video from St. Mary's Church, Annapolis, MD
4.Ranger Rosaries in the Field: How the Powerful Loving Intercession of Mary brings people closer to God.
5. Prayer of the Archdiocese for the Military Services
6. Why Pray the the Hail Mary and the Rosary?
7. Discovering the Biblical Significance of Mary by Dr. Scott Hahn (Lighthouse Catholic Media CD kiosk in the Narthex).
8. Fruits of the Rosary
9. Stephanie Gettings, "Learning from the Memories of Mary. Why Pray the Rosary?"
10. Rev. Jeffrey S. Dauses, "A Healthy Devotion to Mary"
Praying the Rosary
12. How to Pray the Rosary.
13. "Rosary for Beginners" You Tube video series:
- Rosary history and tutorial
- Joyful mysteries
- Sorrowful mysteries
- Luminous mysteries
- Glorious mysteries
14. Scriptural Rosary
15. "Mary, Undoer of Knots"
16. "I only know my rosary" -St. Bernadette (Lourdes) and the Immaculate Conception
17. Mary Jean Mollen and Julianna Mirenzi: "Pilgrim Queen of the Family Shrine"