EVERY PERSON in our parish serves those seeking to become Catholic. Everyone is a member of the RCIA Team. We welcome, pray, invite, celebrate, and do the hard work of justice and peace. It takes all of us.
Some serve in more specific roles:
- Inquiry/pre-catechumenate team
- welcomes seekers whenever they come to our door. In this informal process, they listen to and share faith stories, introduce seekers to parish life, pray for and with them.
- accepting, honest, and prayerful, good listeners and story-tellers, open to the movement of the Spirit.
- RCIA Mentors
- accompany men and women on their journey of faith as they prepare to become Catholic. They are not teachers, facilitators, or theologians. They are every-day Catholics who agree to support others on their faith journey.
- compassionate guides, good listeners, respectful of differences, prayerful, warm and welcoming, open to questions.
- Faith-Sharing Facilitators
- break open the Sunday readings with those not yet baptized, talking together about faith and life, guided by reflection materials.
- willing to freely share, while recognizing that each individual's journey is sacred and there are many ways of living faith.